Call for Applications to the English Online Board of Directors
English Online is a not-for-profit organization that provides flexible online learning services to newcomers. Its Board of Directors is currently seeking interested and qualified candidates to serve as Directors on its volunteer board for a two-year term. A minimum of two positions will be filled.
The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting and enhancing educational opportunities for newcomers, enjoys networking, and understands the unique challenges of operating in a not-for-profit environment. Candidates who bring expertise in human resource management or financial management and accounting would be a particular asset to the board at this time.
As defined by the organization’s by-laws, every director shall:
- understand English Online Inc.’s mission and strategic plan;
- understand and can commit to the amount of time necessary to be an effective board and team member of English Online Inc.
- understand their role and avoid any perceived conflicts of interest or expect remuneration or compensation for services rendered;
- can place the organization’s purposes and interests above their own professional and personal interests when making decisions;
- provide meaningful guidance, direction and support the Board members, English Online Inc.’s management team and their operation of activities in maintaining fiscal responsibility;
- understand the length of term is two years or longer if mutually agreed to;
- understand there is a plan for succession and diversity;
- be familiar with Board of Directors’ responsibilities.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and updated resume via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Board Member Application 2020”. Review of applications will begin immediately. The call for applications will remain open until August 31, 2020.
Only candidates considered for a position will be contacted. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in this volunteer position.